Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Creating An Identity


One of the hardest attributes for me, as an aspiring illustrator, is giving my characters' identities. It is always easy to attempt to draw the idea, but adding to the character is very essential. You have to decide if their gargantuan or miniscule or if their grotesque or beautiful or even if their voluptuous, skinny or bulky. When I try to think of characters, I think of personalities truly different from my own personality or even some I have yet to encounter. While also giving the characters' character, I also have to decide how their costumes are going to look or what weapons, armor, accessories they are going to have. Even if I'm not the best sketch artist, I cherish coming up with my own ideas and creating life with my writing and drawing. The image provided is a sketch of a bestial woman who originates from another planet. I had a name, but I am thinking about changing it because it may have already been in use.

1 comments:

MEEZY said...

love it Cel!

Post a Comment