Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Last Man Standing


In my personal life, I read many magazines dedicated to artists and improvements in digital medium. This post is in total dedication to artist, Daniel Luvisi, who is now creating "the first American manga." He plans to release a graphic novel entitled, The Last Man Standing, in which the story follows a man named, Gabriel.

Several images from this upcoming graphic novel have been released in ImagineFX, on Dan Luvisi's blog and on his deviant art page. His characters are truly stunning. The colors and realistic renders breathe life into these creations. The characters' costumes and modern-day accessories make them very appealing to this day and age's audience. Every image also displays foreshadowing to the events within the story and I believe it is going to be an amazing tale.

I know little about the plot of this graphic novel, but I can definitely appreciate a new, modern story, especially if it compares to Japanese manga. The character designs are fantastic and I seriously urge viewers to buy this graphic novel. I do not believe you'll be disappointed because I am already in love with Luvisi's digital work. Most of his images were created with Photoshop as well. From my perspective, his humor is also being fused into his characters and their names even refer to historic and even biblical pairs, like Bonnie & Clyde - Kane & Able. Stay tuned for more from Dan Luvisi. Here are additional images.





0 comments:

Post a Comment